DAK Americas will be responsive to customer needs and meet customer demands for more sustainable solutions.
- We will provide our customers with industry leading products, services, and customer care/stewardship.
- We will expand our use and offerings of products produced from renewable feed stocks.
- We will continue to expand and promote our recycling of post industrial and post consumer PET.
Examples of DAK Americas programs that support these goals and objectives:
- Clear Path Recycling (CPR) Post consumer PET recycling joint venture with Shaw Industries.
- Earth Day Celebrations focused on recycling and Community education on recycling materials.
- Fiber PCR / PIR initiative – Increase the value of DAK produced internal fibers waste. Upgrade the value of our internal waste by producing or tolling it back into a fiber, instead of selling the waste (at reduced value) to RPET fiber producers and brokers.
- Working to develop renewable polyester raw materials from sources that do not compete with food supplies.
- Site and corporate quality resources devoted to addressing customer complaints and driving quality improvements.
- New corporate resource added to address product stewardship and safety/regulatory issues, and related customer inquiries.